Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Harry Potter series.
- #1: Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone (Hardcover): $26.99
- #2: Harry Potter Y La Cámara Secreta. Edición Ilustrada / Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: The Illustrated Edition (Hardcover): $44.95
- #4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: The Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter, Book 4) (Hardcover): $47.99
- #5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Hardcover): $29.99
- #6: Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince (Hardcover): $29.99
- #7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Hardcover): $34.99
Now he has escaped, leaving only two clues as to where he might be headed: Harry Potter's defeat of You-Know-Who was Black's downfall as well. And the Azkaban guards heard Black muttering in his sleep, "He's at Hogwarts . . . he's at Hogwarts."
Harry Potter isn't safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. Because on top of it all, there may well be a traitor in their midst.
"A wonderful first novel. Much like Roald Dahl, J.K. Rowling has a gift for keeping the emotions, fears, and triumphs of her characters on a human scale, even while the supernatural is popping out all over. The book is full of wonderful, sly humor [and] the characters are impressively three-dimensional (occasionally, four-dimensional!) and move along seamlessly through the narrative. "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" is as funny, moving and impressive as the story behind its writing. Like Harry Potter, [J.K. Rowling] has wizardry inside, and has soared beyond her modest Muggles surroundings to achieve something quite special."
--The New York Times Book Review
"A charming, imaginative, magical confection of a novel...a glorious debut, a book of wonderful comic pleasures and dizzying imaginative flights. There is no cause to doubt Rowling's abilities and promise, and every reason to expect great things, truly great things, from her in the future."
--The Boston Sunday Globe
"You don't have to be a wizard or a kid to appreciate the spell cast by Harry Potter."
"The story delights and the writing gives you goosebumps, the good kind."
"The huge cast of characters, set against a fantastic backdrop with good doses of action, humor and fun, will surely captivate..."
* "Readers are in for a delightful romp with this award-winning debut from a British author sho dances in the footsteps of P.L. Travers and Roald Dahl. There is enchantment, suspense, and danger galore (as well as enough creepy creatures to satisfy the most bogey-men-loving readers, and even a magical game of soccerlike Quidditch to entertain sports fans)."
--Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "After reading this entrancing fantasy, readers will be convinced that they, too, could take the train to Hogwarts School, if only they could find Platform Nine and Three Quarters at the King's Cross Station."
--School Library Journal, starred review
* "Rowling's first novel is a brilliantly imagined and beautifully written fantasy that incorporates elements of traditional British school stories without once violating the magical underpinnings of the plot. In fact, Rowling's wonderful ability to put a fantastic spin on sports, student rivalry, and eccentric faculty contributes to the humor, charm, and well, delight of her utterly captivating story."
--Booklist, starred review
"A rousing first novel.... This hugely enjoyable fantasy is filled with imaginative details, from oddly flavored jelly beans to dragons' eggs hatched on the hearth.."