The Inspired Yoga Teacher: The Essential Guide to Creating Transformational Classes your Students will Love (Paperback)
From the creator of the best-selling The Language of Yin comes the yang-The Inspired Yoga Teacher
If you are a new or experienced yoga teacher of any discipline and find yourself asking what to teach today, The Inspired Yoga Teacher will answer that question. Brimming with themes, ideas, scripts, sequences, philosophy, poetry and quotes, The Inspired Yoga Teacher is a toolbox that will uplift your teaching and breathe new life into your classes. On days when you are busy, the book serves as a shot of inspiration and can be used as a basis for deeper inquiry and planning during times of exploration.
Used on Yoga Teacher Trainings World Wide
Become an effective yoga teacher
Using the most well-loved themes, the book guides you on how to plan a class that comes directly from your heart.
- Start your class with opening themes and words, set foundations, and explore starting postures.
- Flesh out your class with themed salutations, flows, focussed poses, and different styles of yoga.
- Finish your classes with heartfelt endings, Savasana, and final words.
Theme with ease
- One minute themes
- Giving dharma talks-explore teaching beyond the poses with purpose
- Theme with the Elements-Earth, Water, Fire, Space and Ether
- Theme with the Chakras-From Earth to Heaven explore practical and heartfelt yoga philosophy and practices.
- Theme with the Vayus-Delve deeper into your subtle body with an examination of the winds or little pranas that reside within.
- Theme using inspiring Deities-Fall in love with cheeky monkeys, heartfelt warriors and compassionate caretakers.
- The yoga Sutras of Patanjali-making the sutras accessible and easy to understand and teach in the yoga class
- The Bhagavad Gita-reference to this age-old classic through stories and quotes
- Theme with the Yamas and Niyamas-Examine and teach the moral and ethical guidelines that make up part of the code laid down by ancient sages.
- Yoga sequencing
- Yoga Philosophy
Practices and Yoga Sequences
The practices are illustrated in a straightforward and easy to use format and cover various yoga styles.
Detailed teaching notes accompany each class.
- Vinyasa Flow
- Hatha yoga
- Chair yoga
- Myofascial Release
- Yin yoga
- Restorative yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Yoga sequencing
This practical and accessible treasure chest is for the professional teacher who wants to explore sharing what it means to teach yoga beyond the body and who loves yoga beyond asana.
If you are a yoga teacher or student, this book will be a lifelong guide and companion on your path.
Front cover mala supplied by The Genuine Bead Shop on Etsy.