The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Lost World series.
- #1: The Lost World of Adam and Eve: Genesis 2-3 and the Human Origins Debate (Paperback): $22.00
- #3: The Lost World of Scripture: Ancient Literary Culture and Biblical Authority (Paperback): $30.00
- #4: The Lost World of the Israelite Conquest: Covenant, Retribution, and the Fate of the Canaanites (Paperback): $24.00
- #5: The Lost World of the Flood: Mythology, Theology, and the Deluge Debate (Paperback): $20.00
- #6: The Lost World of the Torah: Law as Covenant and Wisdom in Ancient Context (Paperback): $22.00
In this astute mix of cultural critique and biblical studies, John H. Walton presents and defends twenty propositions supporting a literary and theological understanding of Genesis 1 within the context of the ancient Near Eastern world and unpacks its implications for our modern scientific understanding of origins. Ideal for students, professors, pastors and lay readers with an interest in the intelligent design controversy and creation-evolution debates, Walton's thoughtful analysis unpacks seldom appreciated aspects of the biblical text and sets Bible-believing scientists free to investigate the question of origins.