Empowering Yourself (Paperback)
"Work hard and you'll get ahead " We've heard that all our lives but has it worked? If you have been passed over for people who are not as effective at their job as you or have been told, "You gotta play the game" but never told what game that is being referenced or what the rules of this game may be. This book is a must-read.
"Empowering Yourself: The Organizational Game revealed; The Best Kept Secret in Organizational America, tells why your career might be slowing or has hit a "glass ceiling." For the first time, the "unwritten rules" that define how our system works have now been defined and written down. Whether your definition of success is increased credibility in your current assignment or moving up the organizational ladder, this book will give you the knowledge to make the proper decisions to accomplish your goals.
This book will as never before, take you into the critical area of the "unwritten rules" that are so important in a successful career or life. Learn that your performance, although important, will only account for 10% of your future career success. More importantly, the elements that constitute the remaining 90% required to effectively play "the game" is discussed in great detail.
When you know the rules of the organizational system, decisions that you make will not fall into a "guess and hope for the best" category but will be ones that you can be assured will take you closer to your career objectives. After reading this book, you will have a better understanding of the dynamics and events that are occurring in your organization, the advice from your mentor will take on more clarity and even your evaluation of the evening news will take on new excitement. This is simply because you know how our system, that has been in placed for over eight hundred years, really works.
It is impossible to win any game if you do not know the rules of the game you are playing. This book can level the playing field for any and all individuals.