Hacker Culture A to Z: A Fun Guide to the People, Ideas, and Gadgets That Made the Tech World (Paperback)
Hacker culture can be esoteric, but this entertaining reference is here to help. Written by longtime cybersecurity researcher and writer Kim Crawley, this fun reference introduces you to key people and companies, fundamental ideas, and milestone films, games, and magazines in the annals of hacking. From airgapping to phreaking to zombie malware, grasping the terminology is crucial to understanding hacker culture and history.
If you're just getting started on your hacker journey, you'll find plenty here to guide your learning and help you understand the references and cultural allusions you come across. More experienced hackers will find historical depth, wry humor, and surprising facts about familiar cultural touchstones.
- Understand the relationship between hacker culture and cybersecurity
- Get to know the ideas behind the hacker ethos, like "knowledge should be free"
- Explore topics and publications central to hacker culture, including 2600 Magazine
- Appreciate the history of cybersecurity
- Learn about key figures in the history of hacker culture
- Understand the difference between hackers and cybercriminals