The 169-Story Treehouse: Doppelganger Doom! (The Treehouse Books #13) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the The Treehouse Books series.
- #1: The 13-Story Treehouse (Special Collector's Edition): Monkey Mayhem! (The Treehouse Books #1) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #2: The 26-Story Treehouse: Pirate Problems! (The Treehouse Books #2) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #3: The 39-Story Treehouse: Mean Machines & Mad Professors! (The Treehouse Books #3) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #4: The 52-Story Treehouse: Vegetable Villains! (The Treehouse Books #4) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #5: The 65-Story Treehouse: Time Travel Trouble! (The Treehouse Books #5) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #6: The 78-Story Treehouse: Moo-vie Madness! (The Treehouse Books #6) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #7: The 91-Story Treehouse: Babysitting Blunders! (The Treehouse Books #7) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #8: The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore! (The Treehouse Books #8) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #9: The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes! (The Treehouse Books #9) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #10: The 130-Story Treehouse: Laser Eyes and Annoying Flies (The Treehouse Books #10) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #11: The 143-Story Treehouse: Camping Trip Chaos! (The Treehouse Books #11) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #12: The 156-Story Treehouse: Holiday Havoc! (The Treehouse Books #12) (Hardcover): $16.99
Andy and Terry live in a 169-story treehouse. (It used to be a 156-story treehouse, but they've added 13 more stories.) It now has a kangaroo-riding range, a WHATEVER-WEATHER-YOU-WANT dome and a hall of funhouse mirrors—the perfect place to hide from the truancy officer who is trying to catch them and make them go to school!
Unfortunately, the hall of funhouse mirrors is also the place where their evil trouble-making twins, Anti-Andy, Terrible Terry and Junkyard Jill live in a doppelgänger mirror, and they take advantage of the confusion to escape and wreak havoc in the treehouse.
Can Andy, Terry, and Jill escape school, save the treehouse from the doppelgänger mirror gang AND get their book written on time?
Read the whole series!
The 13-Story Treehouse
The 26-Story Treehouse
The 39-Story Treehouse
The 52-Story Treehouse
The 65-Story Treehouse
The 78-Story Treehouse
The 91-Story Treehouse
The 104-Story Treehouse
The 117-Story Treehouse
The 130-Story Treehouse
The 143-Story Treehouse
The 156-Story Treehouse
The 169-Story Treehouse
About the Author
Andy Griffiths is the New York Times bestselling author of The Day My Butt Went Psycho!, Zombie Butts from Uranus!, and Butt Wars! The Final Conflict, as well as the Treehouse Series and Killer Koalas from Outer Space. In 2007, he became the first Australian author to win six children’s choice awards in one year for Just Shocking! He is passionate about inspiring a love of books in his young readers, and works as an ambassador for the Indigenous Literacy Project, which provides books and literacy resources to remote indigenous communities around Australia. Andy is a big fan of Dr. Seuss and of cauliflower. He lives in Melbourne, Australia, and is Australia’s most popular children’s writer.
Terry Denton is known for his humorous illustration style and has worked with Andy Griffiths on the Treehouse series and the JUST! books among others. He lives by the sea in Australia with his wife, three kids, and a pop-up toaster that only toasts on one side.
Andy Griffiths and the Treehouse series:
"The Treehouse books are a perfect balance of minimal text, maximum black-and-white drawings packed with jokes, and unbelievable amounts of nonstop action, gags and exuberant, anarchic storytelling. These books seem ideally designed to make a new reader feel—and be—successful." —The New York Times
"Anarchic absurdity at its best . . . Denton's manic cartooning captures every twist and turn in hilarious detail." —Publishers Weekly, starred review, on The 13-Story Treehouse
"Will appeal to fans of Jeff Kinney and Dav Pilkey . . . The wonderfully random slapstick humor is tailor-made for reluctant readers . . . A treat for all." —Booklist on The 13-Story Treehouse
"Twice the treehouse, twice the fun? You bet . . . Denton's furiously scrawled line drawings milk the silly, gross-out gags for everything they're worth. Kids should be flipping pages faster than a pair of inflatable underpants can skyrocket the young heroes to safety." —Publishers Weekly, starred review, on The 26-Story Treehouse
"This zany sequel, as much cartoon illustration as text, is an almost nonstop adventure." —Booklist on The 26-Story Treehouse
"Look, if you haven't heard of the Treehouse series by now, you probably don't know many kids. ... Chock-full of mischief, wonder and imagination." —The Sydney Morning Herald, on The 156-Story Treehouse