Gregor the Overlander (The Underland Chronicles #1: New Edition) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Underland Chronicles series.
- #2: Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (The Underland Chronicles #2: New Edition) (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods (The Underland Chronicles #3: New Edition) (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Gregor and the Marks of Secret (The Underland Chronicles #4: New Edition) (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Gregor and the Code of Claw (The Underland Chronicles #5: New Edition) (Paperback): $7.99
When Gregor falls through a grate in the laundry room of his apartment building, he hurtles into the dark Underland, where spiders, rats, cockroaches coexist uneasily with humans. This world is on the brink of war, and Gregor's arrival is no accident. A prophecy foretells that Gregor has a role to play in the Underland's uncertain future. Gregor wants no part of it -- until he realizes it's the only way to solve the mystery of his father's disappearance. Reluctantly, Gregor embarks on a dangerous adventure that will change both him and the Underland forever.
This unforgettable novel by Suzanne Collins, the international bestselling author of the Hunger Games series, is rich in suspense and brimming with adventure.
About the Author
Praise for Gregor the Overlander:
"Kids who love adventure books will find this one... hard to put down." -- The Boston Globe
* "Luminous, supremely absorbing." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"Collins creates a fascinating, vivid, highly original world and a superb story to go along with it, and Gregor is endearing as a caring, responsible big brother who rises triumphantly to every challenge. This is sure to be a solid hit with young fantasy fans." -- Booklist
"In this accessible, almost-cinematic fantasy, Gregor and his two-year-old sister fall into an amazing underground world.... This is an engrossing adventure for fantasy fans and for those new to the genre." -- School Library Journal
* "Collins does a grand job of world-building... Unlike Gregor who cannot wait to leave, readers will likely find [the Underland] to be a fantastically engaging place." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Cliffhanger chapter endings propel the story forward to its inevitable but nevertheless immensely satisfying conclusion, which, happily for readers, hints at more heart-pounding journeys to the center of the earth." -- The Horn Book
A New York Times bestselling series
A USA Today bestselling series
A Book Sense bestselling series