Every Californian's Guide to Estate Planning: Wills, Trust & Everything Else (Paperback)
Finally, an Estate Planning Guide for Californians
Every Californian's Guide to Estate Planning helps you understand the basics of leaving money and property to loved ones and charities, and naming a guardian for children--with a special focus on issues unique to California, like:
- how community property rules affect inheritance and taxes
- how to minimize capital gains for those inheriting high value real estate
- legal and tax rules that apply to non-citizens and U.S. permanent residents
- important issues for international guardians, trustees, and executors
- how to understand the impact of "Prop 19," and make sure your heirs don't lose a low ("Prop 13") property tax rate, and
- how to avoid California's slow and expensive probate system through options such as transfer-on-death deeds.
With Downloadable Worksheets
Includes access to essential worksheets that help you get started on writing a will, preparing a trust, choosing a guardian, leaving money to kids, naming beneficiaries, choosing agents for your health care directive and power of attorney for finances, doing a personal inventory, and more. details inside.