The Story of Civilization, Volume II: The Medieval World (Paperback)
In The Story of Civilization text book, children will live through the ancient stories that shaped humanity. Author Phillip Campbell uses his historical expertise and story-telling ability together in tandem to present the content in a fresh and thrilling way. The journey continues in this second volume that picks up just after the conversion of Emperor Constantine. Children will watch the seeds of Christendom being planted in the soil of Europe thanks to colossal figures like Sts. Benedict, Patrick and Ambrose. The wonder of the Medieval world comes alive with brilliant tales of knights, crusaders, castles and inventions.
The strength of the content lies not only in the storybook delivery of it, but also in the way it presents history through the faithful prism of the Church. Have you always wanted your children to learn about world history from a Catholic perspective? Here, you'll have the trusted resource you've always wanted. Did you know that:
- Monks were the first to make use of clocks?
- St. Patrick was once kidnapped by pirates?
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux once excommunicated a swarm of flies?
- The pope once lived in France instead of Rome?
- A plague spread out across Europe and killed millions of people?
- Knights fought with all sorts of weapons, including swords, lances, maces, and crossbows?
- Marco Polo was one of the most famous explorers who ever lived? Embark on the journey now to learn of all these wonders and more