A Dictionary of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Tolkien Illustrated Guides series.
- #3: The Battles of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #3) (Paperback): $15.99
- #4: The Heroes of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #4) (Paperback): $15.99
- #5: The Dark Powers of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #5) (Paperback): $15.99
- #6: The Hobbits of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #6) (Paperback): $15.99
- #7: Ring Legends of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #7) (Paperback): $15.99
Dive into the fantastical world and vocabulary of J. R. R. Tolkien with this beautiful flexibound edition.
J. R. R. Tolkien created characters and a world so unique and so rich with details that they warranted a whole new vocabulary to go with them. On these pages, you’ll find a chronology of Tolkien’s life, along with a short biography and an explanation of his writings. Then you can flip through the dictionary to discover terms like Aglarond (the great caverns beneath Helm’s Deep) or the Black Riders and the mystery surrounding them, among many others. This volume, as featured on The Late Show with Steven Colbert, serves as a terrific resource for all those who love Middle Earth and its inhabitants. A Dictionary of Tolkien is a beautiful addition to any home library and makes a great conversation piece.
This work is unofficial and is not authorized by the Tolkien Estate or HarperCollins Publishers.
About the Author
David Day is the author of five major books on the world of J.R.R. Tolkien, including Guide to Tolkien’s World: A Bestiary and A Guide to Tolkien. Together with Tolkien: The Illustrated Encyclopedia, these books have been translated into sixteen languages, and have sold in excess of two million copies. A Canadian living in Toronto, Day has also published over thirty other books of mythology, history, fantasy, fiction, and poetry, for both adults and children.