Frommer's Easyguide to Disney World, Universal and Orlando (Paperback)
Preparing for an Orlando vacation can be a full-time job, and it costs a small fortune. Most other books on the market make the problem worse, burying vacationers in endless pages of pointless details unquestioningly cheering for the high-priced theme parks and resorts. But the lightweight, fact-packed Frommer's EasyGuide cuts through the noise and compresses the information you truly need to know. No other book does what we do: Honest talk, solid essentials all updated after the pandemic lockdowns, and affectionate insider secrets to Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, and the inimitable culture and history of Orlando and Central Florida.
This groundbreaking Orlando guide was named Guide Book of the Year by the Society of American Travel Writers for creating it. Author Jason Cochran started going to Orlando as a child in the early 1970s and he keeps you on top of the newest developments in this ever-shifting tourist scene. He wants to help you master the parks with a minimum of anxiety and expense.
No other book is as comprehensive while remaining so concise and so honest. No other book synthesizes advice, history, and good sense in such an easy-to-read format. It's smart―like you.
● Smart appraisals of what is worth waiting in line for―and what you can skip―using the Frommer's star rating system, plus "don't miss" sections for each park
● Incredible restaurant recommendations ―a full chapter's worth. It is the only guide in which all city restaurants are family-owned and none are chains or franchises
● 16 pages of color photos
● Interior maps of the theme parks, plus area maps marked with hotels, restaurants, and attractions
● Rankings of the area's best resorts and well-priced hotels, including bold warnings for which ones charge extra resort fees
● Brilliant tips to save money, avoid crowds, and skip the lines
● Fully updated post-pandemic lockdowns with insider details and secrets, including for The Star Wars: Galaxies Edge, Pandora -The World of Avatar, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Volcano Bay
● Money-saving tips and hacks to tame the high cost of an Orlando holiday
● Step-by-step itineraries whether you are bringing kids or not
● PLUS A huge fold-out, indexed map of the entire Orlando area for on-the-go navigation
Disney, the stress-free way
There's a reason that Frommer's has been the most trusted name in travel for more than sixty years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles became a household name helping millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer's.
About the Author
Jason Cochran was twice awarded Guide Book of the Year by the Lowell Thomas Awards (Society of American Travel Writers) and once by the North American Travel Journalists Association. His voice has reached millions of travelers, starting in the mid-'90s when he wrote one of the world's first travel blogs, to his familiarity as a commentator on CBS and for AOL, to his work today as editor-in-chief of Frommers.com. He lives in Los Angeles.