Moon Canadian Rockies: Including Banff & Jasper National Parks (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides!
Snowy peaks, icy glaciers, glittering lakes, and alpine meadows: answer the call of the wild with Moon Canadian Rockies.
- Strategic, flexible itineraries from day hikes to a two-week Canadian Rockies road trip, designed for outdoor adventurers, families, winter sports enthusiasts, and more
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Hike to incredible vistas and try to spot moose, bighorn sheep, and black bears. Ride over a glacier in an Ice Explorer, float through the sky in a mountain gondola, or white-water raft down rivers of snowmelt. Browse the museums and boutiques of downtown Banff, or go horseback riding though the Tonquin Valley. Indulge in fine French cuisine and spend the night in a luxurious mountain lodge, or fish for your own fresh dinner and camp under the stars
- Local insight from Canadian Rockies expert Andrew Hempstead on when to go, what to do, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps and directions, including driving times and mileage
- In-depth coverage of Banff National Park, Kootenay National Park, Yoho National Park, Jasper National Park, Waterton Lakes National Park, and nearby gateway cities of Banff, Canmore, Jasper, Calgary, Radium Hot Springs, Invermere, Golden, and Kananaskis Country
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
Expanding your trip? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip. Sticking to one park? Check out Moon Banff National Park or Moon Glacier National Park.
About the Author
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible out on the road. He looks forward to spending every second summer at home in the Canadian Rockies, traveling mountain highways and hiking trails, exploring new places, and updating old favorites. He spends as much time as possible on the road, traveling incognito, experiencing the many and varied delights of the region just as his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club's World's 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.