The Hobbits of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #6) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Tolkien Illustrated Guides series.
- #1: A Dictionary of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #1) (Paperback): $14.95
- #3: The Battles of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #3) (Paperback): $15.99
- #4: The Heroes of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #4) (Paperback): $15.99
- #5: The Dark Powers of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #5) (Paperback): $15.99
- #7: Ring Legends of Tolkien (Tolkien Illustrated Guides #7) (Paperback): $15.99
Everything you’ll ever need to know about Hobbits!
The history of J. R. R. Tolkien's fictional world of Middle-earth starts with one magical word: Hobbit. From that word came a sentence, and then a grand story poured forth to create the infamous fantasy realm studied, written about, and enjoyed by millions. The Hobbits of Tolkien examines the origins of Tolkien’s most intriguing race. Insightful commentary by Tolkien scholar David Day explores their shire, their society, and their significance in the epic tales of The Lord of the Rings. Illustrations, charts, and commentary help bring this rich universe to life, making it an invaluable reference book for Tolkien fans of all ages.
This work is unofficial and is not authorized by the Tolkien Estate or HarperCollins Publishers.
About the Author
David Day is the author of five major books on the world of J.R.R. Tolkien, including Guide to Tolkien’s World: A Bestiary and A Guide to Tolkien. Together with Tolkien: The Illustrated Encyclopedia, these books have been translated into sixteen languages, and have sold in excess of two million copies. A Canadian living in Toronto, Day has also published over thirty other books of mythology, history, fantasy, fiction, and poetry, for both adults and children.