The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible (Paperback)
Over 175,000 copies sold.
In The Unseen Realm, Dr. Michael Heiser examines the ancient context of Scripture, explaining how its supernatural worldview can help us grow in our understanding of God. He illuminates intriguing and amazing passages of the Bible that have been hiding in plain sight. You'll find yourself engaged in an enthusiastic pursuit of the truth, resulting in a new appreciation for God's Word.
- Why wasn't Eve surprised when the serpent spoke to her?
- How did descendants of the Nephilim survive the flood?
- Why did Jacob fuse Yahweh and his Angel together in his prayer?
- Who are the assembly of divine beings that God presides over?
- In what way do those beings participate in God's decisions?
- Why do Peter and Jude promote belief in imprisoned spirits?
- Why does Paul describe evil spirits in terms of geographical rulership?
- Who are the "glorious ones" that even angels dare not rebuke?
About the Author
Michael S. Heiser is the executive director and professor at the Awakening School of Theology and Ministry with Celebration Church in Jacksonville, FL. Previously, Mike taught on the college and seminary level for over 20 years and was scholar-in-residence for Logos Bible Software for 15 years. He is the author of several best-selling books, including Angels: What the Bible Really Says about God's Heavenly Host and Demons: What the Bible Really Says about the Powers of Darkness. Dr. Heiser also hosts the popular Naked Bible Podcast.