Prince Valiant Vol. 17: 1969-1970 (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
- #1: Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (CD-Audio): $10.99
- #2: Prince Valiant Vol. 2: 1939-1940 (Hardcover): $38.49
- #3: Prince Valiant Vol. 3: 1941-1942 (Hardcover): $29.99
- #4: Prince Valiant Vol. 4: 1943-1944 (Hardcover): $32.99
- #5: Prince Valiant and the Golden Princess (CD-Audio): $10.99
- #6: Prince Valiant in the New World (Library Edition) (CD-Audio): $19.99
- #7: Prince Valiant and the Three Challenges (Library Edition) (CD-Audio): $19.99
- #8: Prince Valiant Vol. 8: 1951-1952 (Hardcover): $38.50
- #9: Prince Valiant Vol. 9: 1953-1954 (Hardcover): $38.50
- #19: Prince Valiant Vol. 19: 1973-1974 (Hardcover): $34.99
Galan quests for a unicorn and King Arthurs sends Val on a mission in this collection of 1970s newspaper comic strips.
After his long sojourn in the Mediterranean, Prince Valiant is back in Britain, where he takes on a new, intricate mission on behalf of King Arthur. Here, Valiant finds himself in the middle of a conflict between Saxon settlers and violent Viking raiders. Gawain’s return journey to Camelot is fraught with misadventure as he is beset by jealous romantic rivals, a marriage-minded widow and a thieving sorcerer. Young Galan goes on a hunt to capture the fabled unicorn, and Arn, after losing his horse in a Welsh bog, is enslaved and held for ransom.
About the Author
Hal Foster (1892-1982) created Prince Valiant in 1937. Though remaining involved with the strip until his death in 1982, Foster handed the bulk of the scripting and art chores over to his longtime assistant, John Cullen Murphy, in 1971.