Prince Valiant Vol. 19: 1973-1974 (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the Prince Valiant series.
- #1: Prince Valiant in the Days of King Arthur (CD-Audio): $10.99
- #2: Prince Valiant Vol. 2: 1939-1940 (Hardcover): $38.49
- #3: Prince Valiant Vol. 3: 1941-1942 (Hardcover): $29.99
- #4: Prince Valiant Vol. 4: 1943-1944 (Hardcover): $32.99
- #5: Prince Valiant and the Golden Princess (CD-Audio): $10.99
- #6: Prince Valiant in the New World (Library Edition) (CD-Audio): $19.99
- #7: Prince Valiant and the Three Challenges (Library Edition) (CD-Audio): $19.99
- #8: Prince Valiant Vol. 8: 1951-1952 (Hardcover): $38.50
- #9: Prince Valiant Vol. 9: 1953-1954 (Hardcover): $38.50
In this latest collection of the famed newspaper strip, Prince Valiant is sent to defend the borders against invading barbarians, but it is young Arn who takes center stage as he travels to his homeland and loses his heart to Lydia, daughter of Haakon.
Also in the latest volume of this award-winning comics series, Arn and Sir Gawain become trapped in a lost, lush land presided over by the mad Duke Cyril and the entombed object of his desire. In Thule, Prince Valiant defends the King of the Inner Lands from a war party led by a giant. Beetle Bailey gag-writer Jerry Dumas introduces this volume with a remembrance of his friendship with Prince Valiant artist John Cullen Murphy. Also: Hal Foster’s complete 1943 comic strip adaptation of Franz Werfel’s popular novel The Song of Bernadette.
About the Author
Hal Foster (1892-1982) created Prince Valiant in 1937. Though remaining involved with the strip until his death in 1982, Foster handed the bulk of the scripting and art chores over to his longtime assistant, John Cullen Murphy, in 1971.
John Cullen Murphy, a six-time recipient of the National Cartoonists Society's "Best Story Strip" for his work on Prince Valiant, continues to draw the strip from his home in Connecticut, while his son, Cullen Murphy, writes the strip in between serving as the Managing Editor for The Atlantic.