Gift Shop Manager, Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati, OH 45220
Located at: New Location(Opening Soon) - Cincinnati, Ohio
Who we are:
For more than 30 years, Joseph-Beth Booksellers has played a significant cultural role as a major bookseller, hosting more bestselling authors, celebrities, public figures and politicians than any other local organization. We believe that reading and learning enlarges a person’s heart, broadens their perspective and sharpens their ability to think. It’s an honor to serve our communities as a place where ideas are shared, knowledge is gained and memories are created.
Our 2 legacy bookstore/bistro locations and 5 hospital/medical facility gift shops are warm, inviting, and ever-evolving destinations where our staff loves helping guests find that special gift. Whether it is for loved ones, close friends, family members, or even a little something for themselves, we pride ourselves on helping our guests check off any names they may have on their lists. This unique shopping experience is elevated by our leaders who train, guide, and support their teams.
- Want a career where you are creating memorable guest experiences each and every day?
- Do you see yourself working in a place where your hard work makes a meaningful impact to those around you?
- Given an opportunity to foster a team-oriented environment that strives to find the very best in its people and help them develop?
If so, Joseph-Beth Booksellers wants you on our team.
What to expect from us:
As a member of management, you will be responsible for the guest experience and store operations of a gift shop. Most of your time will be spent actively engaging with guests and team members to help ensure our guests are 100% satisfied. As a full-time employee with Joseph-Beth Booksellers, you’ll work a full-time schedule that will include day, night and weekend shifts. You’ll also enjoy many great benefits like competitive pay, a 401k match, paid time-off, health-vision-dental coverage, as well as a generous employee discount within the store.
Our expectations of you:
- Guest Focused: Demonstrates a servant leadership philosophy by delivering high touch service that always exceeds the expectations of our guests
- Builds Relationships: Successfully and professionally builds constructive and effective relationships with the guest and team members
- Develops Talent: Is passionate about building and developing talent, appreciating employees career goals and provides meaningful guidance and growth opportunities
- Authenticity: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty and integrity
- Accountability: Establishes goals, clarifies responsibilities, and holds self and others accountable for outcomes
- Deliver Results: Keeps self and others focused on creating bottom line results
- Innovative Thinking: Consistently thinks and drives new ways to solve business challenges.
- 4 year degree preferred
- Successful career oriented individual in the hospitality or retail environment
- Customer-centric focus on providing exceptional service
- Demonstrated leadership skills and team-oriented thinking
- Strong problem solving, decision making and financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance